Thursday, August 17, 2006

Bangkok Day 4 - Last Day?

Click here for Day 1
Click here for Day 2
Click here for Day 3 Part 1
Click here for Day 3 Part 2

Another early site visit to a nearby hotel and a mad rush for some last minute shopping at MBK, Siam Discovery and Siam Paragon...

my colleague and I finally settled at a noodle house in MBK for our last meal in Bangkok.

With a modern and fresh look along with great furbishing,

customers are spolit for choice in this noodles house as it offers them tons of noodles types for their orders.

Of course, the longer I stayed, the more I fell in love with the Cha Yen.

Being the last meal in Bangkok, I was also exceedingly determined to finish with a BANG. I foremost ordered the beef balls in Thai sweet sauce, as well as what the menu termed it as the “Thai stick noodles soup”.

How I came about knowing this noodle was from my earlier experience at the noodles stall near Asia Hotel. This local noodle comes in sweet sauce-based soup (similar to those red-coloured sweet sauce found in local Yong Tau Foo stalls) with balls and fishcakes, and on top of that, they have my favourite cuttlefish and also the Bestest Of All – a cube of COAGULATED PIG BLOOD – Something you can never find in Singapore or even in JB anymore!!!

What a BLOODY SHIOK experience! And guess what? I am heading back to Bangkok again in another month’s time!!! Can’t wait for it to happen*sniggers*

Rating
Food: 3.5/5

Service: 3.5/5
Ambience: 4/5
Price: 3.5/5
Total: 14.5/20
(I am giving it a die die must try rating because of the pig blood)
229/1-2 Siam Square Soi 4,
Rama 1 Rd, Bangkok, Thailand

0 comments: