Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Day I Fell in Love with Cakes...

Was talking to my colleague the other day, and she was mentioning to me that her housemate is travelling to Melbourne for a holiday. Immediately, Brunetti came to my mind, as I tell her to urge her friend to visit this place when she is there. Brunetti is a café cum restaurant which serves cakes and coffee in the heart of Melbourne City, minutes away from Melbourne University. With up to 45 varieties on offer, and all decorated spectacularly, their cakes are the perfect centerpiece for any occasion. I have to first attest that I am not a guy known for his likes for cake. Personally there are only two that I really like, one from NYDC and the other from Bakerzin, though I shall leave it here to talk about it some other time. Coming back to Brunetti, it was one of those times when I had a “mood” for pastries and cakes. Having nice décor was a plus point but the numerous amounts of pastries and cakes displayed behind the glass panel were simply irresistible. Just as I urge my friend to tell her housemate about it, here I am telling you to go try it if you have the chance – for cake lovers or not, you were be simply captivated by it.

Rating

Food: 4/5
Service: 3.5/5
Ambience: 4.5/5
Price: 3.5/5
Total: 15.5/20
214 Flinders Lane,
Melbourne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must really like food! All of it still looks really good.

His Food Blog said...

"Like" is an understatement... I adore food... I love food... ;)